Today, I'm talking about more random things. If I ever want to maintain some sort of blog posting schedule, I have to start with writing when the mood strikes, even if I don't have a particular topic.
1. After last week's -52ºC, today's weather feels tropical! My head does not like it one bit though, it throbs every time I move.
2. For my birthday in December, we had a 1920's themed party - here's me and the husband, hamming it up:
I was hoping for more Gatsby-fication, but sometimes you just have to be grateful you have good friends who show up, whether or not they dressed up. I'll have to dig up some more pictures - I'm pretty proud of the decorations!
3. GAME. OF. THRONES. *dies* I read the books before I got into the series, and I just finished season two. I have less than a month to finish season 3 before season 4 starts, along with the stuff already happening in April. I have many favourite characters, but I think my favouritest (yes, that's a word) is Daenerys. Mother of Dragons, bitches!
- My Accounting course deadline, including the final exam
- Air Cadets Field Training Exercise weekend for the kid (it means Mom has to help him pack his kit)
- My son's 14th birthday (this includes two celebrations - one family, one friends - on different weekends)
- My son's TWO hip hop competitions (different weekends, one being on his birthday)
- Moving from one house to another mid-month (of course there's packing, cleaning, unpacking, organizing, moving utilities, arranging movers, etc. to deal with)
- Calgary Comic Expo (which I have to send my husband to without me *sob* - I'll be at a hip hop competition with the kid)
- Easter/Easter break (kid will be at his dad's for the week, but I'll have to drive him back and forth to the bus [3 hours each way] which puts a big dent in my available "doing stuff" time, nevermind the gas budget)
- Mamma Mia! with friends (tickets are pretty reasonable when you buy for a group of 10 people!)
|Not anymore - we bought a trailer in February!|